You can use BuonMenu.com to easily create and publish a digital menu for your restaurant. Creating and updating a menu is easy and doesn’t require technical skills. The online menu will look beautiful both on desktop and mobile.
Let’s get started…
First of all you need to create an account for your restaurant on BuonMenu.com.
You just need to enter your restaurant name, a username for your restaurant, your email and a new password.
Then you will receive a confirmation email: click on the link in that email to confirm the creation of your account. Et voilà… now you can create your online menu.
Complete your profile
Before creating your menu, we recommend to fill in all the fields in the restaurant profile: your menu will include that information and it will look much better.
After login, click Profile in order to add the following information (which is optional):
- Logo: your restaurant logo or an image; we recommend a square image (otherwise it will be cropped automatically)
- Cover photo: a large image that represents your restaurant and that will be displayed above your menu (we recommend to use a large JPEG image that is 1600x800px or more)
- Restaurant name: the name of your restaurant
- Username: a username for your restaurant that will determine the final address of your menu on BuonMenu; for example if you enter examplerest in the username field, the address of your online menu will be buonmenu.com/examplerest
- Address, City and related fields: the city of your restaurant will be displayed in your menu, with a link to the exact position of the restaurant on a map
- Phone number: a phone number for your restaurant that will be displayed publicly
- WhatsApp: a phone number that will allow customers to open a chat with you on WhatsApp (remember to include the international prefix, like +1 for US, +39 for Italy, etc.)
- Website: a link to your restaurant website or to a social network
- About: a few informative sentences about your restaurant that will be displayed above the menus
- Additional information: additional information that will be displayed when the user clicks an info icon (this text is less prominent compared to the about)
- Currency: a symbol that represents your currency (e.g. $, €)
- Language: the main language that you use to write your menu. This allows browsers to detect the language of your menu and suggest automatic translations for example.
- Background color: it allows to change the background color of your menu.
Create your first menu
Click Add menu to create a new menu (e.g. Daily menu, À la carte menu, Fixed price menu, etc.).
Enter a name for the menu and optionally a description. There is also an optional price field that is useful only for fixed price menus.
Click Create menu and then click the name of your new menu in order to open it in the admin dashboard.
Add some categories to the menu
Before adding the items you need to add some categories (e.g. Starter, Main course, Salads, Dessert, etc.). Click Add category in order to do that.
After you have created the categories you can click on a category in order to open it.
Add some items
Finally you can add some items to the categories (e.g. Spaghetti and meatballs, Apple pie, etc.). Once you are inside a category, click Add item. You will see the following fields (only the name is required):
- Item name
- Price: the price of the item (you just need to enter the numerical value, since the currency is already set in your profile)
- Labels: some tags that highlight important features of the item (e.g. homemade, organic, vegan, spicy, etc.)
- Image: a large image for the item (must be in JPEG format)
- Description: additional information about the item
- Ingredients: a list of ingredients used for the recipe
After the creation of the item you can also add some variants of the product (e.g. quantity, size, flavor, etc.) by clicking Add variant. Variants are optional and each variant has a name and price.
If you want, you can add images to your menu items. Images must be in JPEG format and they will be optimized automatically by our service. Images are also cropped automatically in order to have a 2:1 aspect ratio (if you want more control you can crop them manually before the upload). We recommend to upload only high resolution images for best results (e.g. 1200x600px or more).
View your menu
Go back to your profile and you should see a Preview link in the top navigation. Click that link to see how your menus appear to your users.
Your menu is public and accessible at this address:
You can now promote your online menu in many different ways.
Share the link or use the QR code
You can click the Share button in the top navigation in order to see your menu address. You can simply share that link to let people see your menu.
In the same page there is also a QR code: you can download it as a normal image and use it anywhere.
Improve and update your menu at any time
You don’t need to complete everything to begin: you can start using the digital menu for some items and then add more information and photos gradually. In any case you can update and improve your menu at any time and the updates take place immediately.
Beside adding and removing items, here’s some useful features to keep your menu updated:
- Edit: everything can be edited easily
- Move: you can move items between categories or menus or you can move entire categories
- Copy: you can duplicate the items or copy them to other categories / menus
- Archive: you can hide some elements from the menu and then restore them with a single click (you can even archive entire menus or categories)
- Delete: you can easily remove any element that is archived. Basically if you want to permanently delete a menu, a category or an item you must archive it and then click the delete button.
You can also translate your menu in different languages, either using automatic translations or manual translations.